- Drake (Fire emoji)
- Justin Bieber (Heart Face emoji)
- One Direction (ID emoji)
- Rihanna (Crown emoji)
- The Weeknd (Sweat droplets)
- Ariana Grande
- Ed Sheeran
- Shawn Mendes
- Chris Brown
Additional Artist Emoji Insights
- David Bowie’s most representative emoji is lightning emoji ⚡️ , reflecting his look on the cover of 1973’s iconic album, Aladdin Sane.
- Adele is distinctively associated with the broken heart, tears and sadness emoji given her heart-wrenching love songs, including “Make You Feel My Love” and “Hello.”
- Ed Sheeran’s top two most distinctive emoji are the sleeping face and the sleeping symbol thanks to his dreamy ballads such as “Thinking Out Loud” and “Photograph.”
- Miley Cyrus’s most distinctive accessory is also her most distinctive emoji, the tongue
- Katy Perry’s top three distinctive emojis include two feline characters – the cat face and tiger face – representing KatyCats, her most passionate fans, as well as hits like “Roar”
- Daft Punk’s most distinctive emoji is the robot emoji , reminiscent of the band’s iconic helmets and electronic sound.
- Major Lazer helps listeners pump fists on the dance floor and pump iron in the gym with party popper and flexed bicep 🏼 being their most distinctive emojis.
- Nicki Minaj wins queen of the booty, with crown and peach emojis being her top two most distinctive.
- Luke Bryan, the top emoji-ed country artist, is most associated with the boot , horse face and tractor emojis.
Spotify used interactive audiographics to map the associations between artists, tracks, and emoji.
Here’s how it works:
- Describe Artists with Emoji reveals the 10 emojis most distinctively associated with over 5,000 artists on Spotify — that is, the emoji that describes that artist more often than it does others. Simply click or tap any emoji to hear the song most associated with it, by that artist. Explore further by using the dropdown menus to pick a specific artist, genre, or emoji to compare as many as 50 artists at once.
- Emoji Showdown lets listeners pit two artists against each other and see who wins which emojis. The Showdown charts contain the top 150 emoji for any two artists, visualized to show how often the emoji is used to describe the artist (vertical axis), as well as how distinct they are to the artist (horizontal axis).
- Share an Artist allows music fans to share a specific artist’s emojis on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, choosing from the top 5,000 most emoji-ed artists on Spotify.