After a long sabbatical in Europe, MassConcert’s John Peters has returned to oversee a newly-revamped Worcester, MA Palladium. Capacity is 2560 with an open floor and seated balcony. Peters also owns the Town Ballroom in Buffalo and Webster Theater in Hartford.
• Talent agency APA is the latest to announce plans to open an office in Toronto, tapping former Agency Group and recent UTA veterans Ralph James and Jack Ross to oversee the new operation. Also joining APA’s new Toronto office will be former UTA music agents Stefanie Purificati and Mike Graham. Paradigm is also opening a Toronto office staffed with several former UTA employees.
• UK event tech and ticketing provider Ticket Arena and Event Genius has appointed Lisa Brown as Client Services Director. Brown was previously with The Ticketing Factory where she spent 18 months in a similar role. Prior to that she worked at AXS for two years as Senior Ticketing Manager and spent over eight years at Ticketmaster in various roles that included ticketing manager for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
• Jeff Roberts, President of the talent agency formerly known as JRA Fine Arts, announced that the company has a new moniker, Ovation Artist Group, effective immediately. For the past five years, JRA Fine Arts has built a reputation as one of the leading booking agencies specializing in performing arts centers and symphonies but plans to expand its focus and roster to include artists in Jazz, Bluegrass, Americana, Pop, Magic, and Theatre.
• Ticketing and marketing company Paciolan agreed to acquire the assets of ticketing company TicketsWest and live events promoter WestCoast Entertainment.
• South American entertainment giant Time For Fun has announced that they have appointed Luiz Oscar Niemeyer as head of entertainment, with oversight of operations in Argentina, Chile and Peru, as well as Brazil.
portions via Celebrity Access